(effective date: April 2013)
At Disability Benefits Plus, we are aware that your privacy is essential.
information and what your rights are.
We may modify this Policy from time to time, we encourage you to check this web page
periodically for any changes to the Policy. If changes have been made we will change the
effective date at the top of this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect types of information that pertain to your disability credit claim. these may include the
• Contact and Personal Information such as, your name, address, telephone number, email
address and Social Insurance Number.
• Financial Information that you provide us, or that we obtain from the Canada Revenue
Agency (CRA) or provincial agencies.
• Medical Information that you provide us, or that we obtain from health professionals that you
have authorized us to deal with.
• Credit Card Information that you provide to us.
• Technical Information that we gather during your use of our website, such as your IP address,
browser language, and other information relating to your navigation of our website.
We retain this information only for as long as necessary for the purpose of claiming your
HOW DO WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
All information is used to provide our services, to bill our clients and collect our fees. We may
provide marketing material to you in connection with our service and at times we may provide
you with marketing materials relating to third party services, but we will not disclose any of your
information to such parties except as explicitly set out in this policy.
WHO WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO:
Except as set out in this Policy, we will never disclose any information to a third party without
your consent, unless we are required or authorized by law.
We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
• To the primary contact or the disabled individual with respect to the client file that relates to
• To health practitioners that you authorize us to deal with , in connection with providing our
• To service providers what we may retain from time to time, such as data backup or credit card
processing providers, provided that in such cases we will only disclose such information as is
necessary for the services, and will ensure that such providers are bound by appropriate privacy
• To collect amounts owing to us.
• In the event of a sale or transfer of our business.
• If the information is already publicly known.
We may also disclose information that is compiled using your personal information, but does not
identify you individually.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
We protect your information from loss, unauthorized access and unauthorized disclosure by:
• Employing appropriate security measures
• Employing appropriate security measures within our technology systems
• Restricting access to your information to those of our employees and consultants who require it
within the uses set in this Policy.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may contact us to request access to your information in order to verify or make changes. We will provide you with this access unless we are required by law not to.
You may refuse to provide information to us, or, with reasonable notice, withdraw your consent
to our collection, use or disclosure of your information. Unless such information is required to
proved our services or is required by law.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with regard to your information or this